What is a garden salad made of?
Lettuce, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, all possible varieties of tomatoes, peas, green beans, cucumbers (regular and pickling), carrots, radishes, zucchini, pumpkins, gourds, melons (water and cantaloupe), and several herbs.
If my local home and garden center sold it, I bought it.
And planted it.
What kind of lettuce is in a garden salad?
There are four main types of lettuce: crisphead (commonly known as iceberg), romaine, loose-leaf and butterhead. Although crisphead is the least nutritious, all lettuces provide dietary fiber and vitamins A, C and K.
What are good things to put in a salad?
Salad Topping Ideas
- Vegetables. Asparagus, Beets, Artichoke hearts, Cucumbers, Peppers, Carrots, Broccoli,
- Eggs. Hard-boiled, Poached, Soft-boiled.
- Whole Grains. Couscous, Farro, Quinoa, Barley, Rice.
- Seeds. Pepitas, Sunflower Seeds, Sesame Seeds.
- Dried Fruit. Cranberries, Cherries, Raisins, Mango, Blueberries.
- Vegetarian Protein.
How do you make fresh salad?
Put your lettuce into a nice big bowl, and drape a paper towel or two over the top so moisture doesn’t settle on the leaves while your salad sits in the fridge. Cover the whole thing with a really tight seal of plastic wrap, and store.