How do you start a garden?
How to Start a Garden – 10 Basic Steps
- Decide what you’d like to grow.
- Choose a location.
- Plan your garden beds.
- Invest in basic garden tools.
- Test your soil.
- Prepare the soil.
- Choose the right seeds or transplants.
- Plant with care.
How do you build a backyard garden?
DIY backyard VEGETABLE GARDEN for beginners –
What kind of wood should be used for raised beds?
Wood options for Raised Garden Boxes
- Redwood or Black Locust – Definitely the best option for raised garden boxes in terms of longevity because they are naturally rot-resistant and have been known to last up to 20 years.
- Cedar – Another rot-resistant wood, cedar can last 10-15 years and looks gorgeous.
How do you build an above ground garden?
- Select a Location and Assemble the Kit. Choose a flat, sunny spot to build your raised garden bed.
- Line with Landscape Fabric. Line the bottom of the bed with weed block or landscape fabric.
- Add Soil. Choose the correct soil for the plants you intend to grow.
- Add Plants or Seeds.
- What to Grow in Your Raised Garden Bed.